It’s not uncommon.
Here’s the gist. In order to get people on the phone, the Sales Machine recommends:
- Tell the person exactly what you want in the message.
- Provide deadlines on when actions need to be done.
- Provide consequences if deadlines aren’t met.
It’s important to note that in most cases channel partners are not avoiding your calls. They’re most likely busy running the day-to-day operations of their business. It’s nothing personal.
It’s up to you to get them to return your call. When leaving a message via email or voicemail, it’s important to:
- Be Concise – Don’t talk around the subject. Get straight to the point. Start with the most important information first.
- Show Respect – When the Sales Machine says provide consequences, they don’t mean threats. Just tell it like it is. Here’s an example: Your shipment won’t be sent if we do not receive confirmation by this date.
- Don’t Pester Them – If you’ve provided a good, clear message that has deadlines in it, don’t constantly pester them. One or two follow up calls is not bad. Three or four follow up calls is bad.
- Don’t Forget Contact Info – It doesn’t hurt to provide a phone number or an email address where they can reach you. You’ll get a response faster.
Following these tips will help you get your channel partners to return your calls.
To learn more, call us today at 602-412-3168 or visit the Right On – No Bull Marketing Contact Page.