If you want to write a great sales proposal that will affect your bottom line, you need to follow the tips below.
You’ll discover the proper structure in developing a winning proposal.
- Background: When creating a background, you really want to provide a complete overview. Discuss your business goals. When explaining the background, you want to be clear and to the point. It should be very easy to understand.
- Plan: In this area, you really want to discuss how to fix thing and address problems. Define what success means. You’ll also want to explain how you will measure success. Many people forget this last step. It’s very important to outline how to measure positive results.
- Approach: With approach, you want to explain how you will carry out the plan. This is the place to outline who, what where, when and how it will be implemented. Be very detailed. However, be sure to clearly detail everything.
- Requirements: In the requirements section, you really want to outline what it takes to be successful. Provide a list of all the resources and tools that are necessary for success.
- Schedule: Here, you’ll want to place your plan on the calendar. Highlight important dates. Be sure to make it very easy for everyone to follow. Charts help to organize workflow and deadlines.
- Money: When pricing out your plan, be realistic. Here is the place you’ll want to price out work as well as set a payment schedule. You want to be very clear and precise in this area. People will really go over this section with a fine tooth comb.
- Benefits: Here’s where you discuss the benefits of this proposal. You’ll want to justify the costs that you present your proposal in this section. When thinking of benefits, think in terms of the customer, not yourself.
These are all very important points to follow. Make sure to have several people read over the proposal to make sure that it makes sense.
For more great tips, be sure to read other postings on the Right On – No Bull Marketing Blog and sign up for our newsletter.