To help you better manage your company social media profiles, here is how to deal with negative comments.
- Closely Read the Comment – Before you do anything, read the comment several times. You want to make sure that you have a clear understanding of what the person is trying to say. In some instances, you may realize the comment isn’t meant to be negative.
- Respond as Soon as Possible – You never want to leave a person hanging. Find a way to respond to the complaint as soon as possible. The longer you go without a response, the more it will hurt your company’s reputation.
- Talk with Them Offline – Direct the person to a customer service email or phone number to handle the situation. You do not want the entire discussion aired out on Facebook or Twitter.
- Know When to Apologize – Sometimes all a customer wants is an apology. Go ahead and apologize on your social media profile. It will improve your credibility and reputation with your customers. Be sure to be sincere.
- Don’t Lose Your Cool – Don’t let a negative comment turn into an online shouting match. It will only hurt your company’s reputation.
If you’re having issues with a negative comment, don’t be afraid to ask for help whether it’s inside or outside of your company.
We also help distributors and manufacturers increase dealer network sales through innovative approaches that are affordable. To learn more, contact us today at 602-412-3168.