Have you seen the movie Field of Dreams? A guy hearing voices builds a baseball field in the middle of an Iowa cornfield. Then baseball players, like Shoeless Joe Jackson, start magically appearing at the field.
When it comes to social media marketing, many companies take the Field of Dreams approach. They set up the Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts. Then they wait for the customers to magically appear.
This is just one of many common social media marketing misconceptions.
Here are some other popular social media marketing misconceptions that you’ll want to avoid.
- Join 50 Social Networks: This is the wrong approach to success. It’s the quality not the quantity. Start with one or two social networks and work at building quality relationships with your customers. Focus on the big ones like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Social Media is Not Right for My Business: Totally wrong. If you want a new source of leads and more traffic, social media is the way to go. Social media will build your brand and strengthen your SEO efforts. It’s a great way to offer customer support and get customer feedback.
- All You Need is a Profile Page: This is the Field of Dreams approach. Building the profile page is just the first step. You must constantly post compelling content and work to get more followers if you want to get more customers.
- I Can’t Measure my ROI – Sure you can, as long as you know what you’re doing. With analytic tools such as Google Analytics, you can see how many people are visiting your website from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- It Takes Too Much Time & Effort – Do you say this about other parts of your business? Social media marketing takes discipline and an honest effort. If you don’t have the time, there are plenty of social media marketing companies that can help you.
At Right On – No Bull Marketing, we have the proven experience to help you with all your social media and business growth needs.
We help distributors and manufacturers, like you, how to increase channel partner sales by teaching your channel partners how to sell more. We show them how to sell more to existing customers and get more customers through our Business Partner 3.0 Program.
For any questions, give us a call today at (602) 412-3168 or visit the Right On – No Bull Marketing Contact Page.
For more helpful tips, visit the Right On – No Bull Marketing Blog. There, you can sign up for our free newsletter, which is packed full of tips. Also be sure to follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn to join in on the business growth discussions!